Monday, March 29, 2010

8 Weeks




Hey team! We have legitimately made it to 8 weeks! How exciting right!

31 more weeks! Really, 2 months today. Does my butt look bigger?

Well let's see what's new. It is odd doing this on Wednesdays! But other than that, not much. I told my kindergarten teacher a few weeks away ago about the baby and she jumped for joy! So cute, more excited than me (just kidding) but she insisted we tell the entire class. I mean, come on, what type of reaction can I expect to get from 23 6 year olds? Well I'll tell ya, more than I thought! To my surprise they were very cute. Here's what some said:

~"Is there a baby in you now?"- Looked me up and down (head to toe).

~"I bet the baby loves cupcakes!"- As I smashed a giant cupcake into my mouth. (I agree, the baby does love a cupcake).

~As I was explaining to them, the baby is really an embryo that is the size of a raspberry. "I love raspberries." I told this girl I said the same thing!

~"Is this your first? Is this your husbands first? Are you married." Okay, okay, this was not asked by a kindergartner but rather an adult. I mean seriously. . . who says this stuff??? Odd...regardless made me appreciate what I have! Love ya John. (Damit John.)

Okay back to the basics:

Baby Update:

THIS IS BIG! I couldn't be prouder! As John explains "I am 8 weeks and therefore in the 9Th week" and so, our baby is graduating this week! (okay, I think I'm premature with this but by the end of this week, our baby will have graduated!) Aunt Jan, please just send something small, nothing too big :) Our scholar-to-be has ended her embryonic stage or is about to and is entering the fetal period now! How exciting. I remember the blastocyst days...Oh feels like forever ago. Regardless, we can now refer to my embryo as a fetus until November 10 when it will be an infant. Our fetus is now the size of a medium green olive! Please don't make martinis with her!

Weight:107 So at the docs I weigh 110lbs and that is with the more reliable scale, at home 107 with the lighter of course I like better scale. So according to MY scale, no change. I got back in 4 weeks, well see if the 110 changes :) Granted I did eat 3 hotdogs and had Mr. Goodscents this morning. John do you think that'll make my weight go up? Lol. JK.
Symptoms: I would not say I'm feeling 100% like my lucky sister did and does now...I am more like 83% on a good day and as low as 70% on some days. Monday and Tuesday were def 70% days. YUCK! John and I have decided one child is plenty. I've realized that if I don't eat hourly, I feel awful. No no no, really hourly. My friend Carol at work laughs at me and the amount of bananas, tangerines, carrots, and tomatoes I eat. John's work friend asked if I am growing a monkey...to his surprise, I am considering a jungle theme for the baby room! LOL. Let me describe:

Wake up: 7 eat cereal immediately and entire bottle of water
Shower: 7:30 need more water
9: Arrived at work ready for granola bar and water
10: Carrots and grape tomatoes this morning!
11: Crackers
12:30: Finally lunch (normal ya know, fruit, pasta, water, sometimes I treat with a piece of chocolate or 20.)
2: Banana
3: Snack with class
Psh then I'm home by 4:30 snacking before we eat dinner. As awesome as this sounds, it's annoying as ever! I have a stash of food at work and just leave it there, then have to remember to bring this to class M,Wed,Th. I even snack in the car to class! How do I not weigh 300 lbs?

Cravings: Well nothing really sounds fabulous besides Mandarin Garden. . .

Other random notes: I went facebook official with this. I know, I know, "Kate, it's too early..." Well this is simply just too exciting to keep to myself. I thought why not tell the world (yes facebook=world)? So everyone is excited and offering their names, etc. Pretty funny stuff really. If you'd like to be my friend I'm under Kate Pow Meyer. Just posted the blog address on there also. Lisa at work says I should do give-aways...my thought, "What is in it for me??" Haha, I love work really! All the people seem to get me through the day; great group of ladies.


Photos:
1. Traditional photo...not good, John's not here to take it so disregard that it's sorta slated and give my cabodle credit.
2. Same. I'm seeing no change...what do you think?
3. Me trying to be creative alone...Yes, I wrote that on myself LOL.

Names of the Week:
Boy: Aloysius (Lewis for short)
Girl: Kate, Gwyneth, Helene. Okay, Kate's just a joke, but what a great, solid name. John loves Gwyneth and you can imagine, I love Helene. Watch we have a girl and name her something far from those. . . Patty. But really, if you have any older name suggestions, send them our way. I'm just not a fan of the everyday-so-common Kaitlynn, Tyler, Ben, Etc. You get the picture.

XOXO
J and K and Embryo but soon to be Fetus (and umadog)
Your Favorite Family of Four <3

P.S. Is that embyro not the cutest thing ever? I really think I can see my eyes in her and John's hair...Soo cute isn't she! Just adorable. We're hoping the child has John's brains and my looks. Hahaha, just kidding, but really...

No comments:

Post a Comment