Thursday, December 23, 2010

7 Weeks!

Remember that kicking baby? Well, I thought he'd come kicking and screaming! Only makes sense. But after thinking about these last 7 weeks, I realize he really must have got it all out of his system in-utero! He's very calm. I can lay him on a mat on the floor and he'll just look around. No screaming and little kicks/movement. He's chill. Speaking of chill. WOW, we had a fun Christmas with the Reardon's on Sunday and Jude was up all day. Well you know, cat naps here and there. But not like his usual. Well, we got home around 7:30 p.m. and he was cranky because he was so tired. Just a little whiny that's all, no real crying. But I knew he was exhausted. So like a good mom I try everything: swaddling, the swing, feeding, burping, walking, bouncing, etc. To my surprise, I laid Jude down wide awake (because I was tired) and what do you know, just laid and fell asleep himself about 10 minutes later. Ha, he didn't need me! Just wanted his bed :)

The swing. Another thing everyone needs! John and I now call the swing THE BABYSITTER. It's the best thing ever. He loves it. Will play in it for 30-45 minutes then fall asleep. Best thing ever!

Mall-Walking Adventures:
Well, Rachel and I have taken our mall-walking hobby back up! As you know, when we were pregnant (very pregnant) we'd meet at the mall and talk about the upcoming arrivals. It was sooo much fun! Well, the last few weeks we've been meeting up with our boys and walking! They love it, we love it. It's great to get out and talk to someone whose is going through the same thing. And I think Jude and Eli really like seeing eachother and talking about all the love they get :) The boys are 2 weeks apart. Our last trip was on Friday and of course we talk about old times (walking 9 months pregnant), the boys, the "big" boys, etc. but then we were wondering how many steps we walked. Over the summer, we'd walk for about 2-2.5 hours. And now that we have little guys, we try for that but take frequent stops to eat, change, just look at, etc. Well, Rachel brought her pedometer and we clocked about 9,000 steps. That's about 3-4 miles! Go us! Then, Rachel had this brilliant idea! The stroller manufacturers need to make some type of wheel rotation counter that can be converted to miles/steps/etc. You get the picture. Not only would people buy this to get in-shape (like us, we'd buy that stroller, we already mall walk) but the stroller manufacturers would be promoting exercise that would take off! I really think it'd be awesome. I mean, they have jogging strollers, well why not make a counter on them. Or have they? I know what you're thinking (because I'm thinking the same)...why not just wear the pedometer? I do not yet have an answer to that question! I'll get back to you! :)

Doctors Appointment Update:
Good news, I'm healthy! Blood pressure is down along with my weight! Life is good. We're expecting the next one here in September. Ha, just kidding!

Shout out to Tim! John and I really appreciate all your support and guidance with church on Sunday. You are the perfect person to be with John. Jude and I tried but found ourselves in the hall way, changing diapers, talking, you know.

Favorites: Just Jude. Everything about him. His smiles are soo sweet, coos, blue eyeballs, stinky milky smell that I can't clean off, little feet, sleeping patterns etc.

Funnies of the week: Let's see, we only blew out one outfit this week! I suppose with age, more funnies will occur!

What we've learned this week: Even though I LOVE Teen Mom/16 and Pregnant, I have got to go to bed when Jude does :/ I decided to watch the hour and a half long finale instead of sleeping an hour and half...made for a long, sleepy next day! Ha.



Really mom? Another bath? How much do I have to weigh to graduate from the sink?!

Uncle Nate!


Love hanging out with cousin Joey!

Yup, I fell asleep during tummy time...

My three favorites. UMA made it this week :)


We haven't forgot about Uma, don't worry.
Love my bath time! (finally, in my real tub!)

Your favorite family of four!
J,K,Uma, and Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment