Friday, June 22, 2012

28 Weeks!

Wahoo.  I think, I'd like to have only ten weeks left.  Doesn't that sound nice, not unrealistic, and let's face it, I'll be "pushing" on Labor Day.  Ha.  Actually, Labor Day isn't even a full two weeks early.  Totally hopeful.  Going to be a hot last two months!  I can't believe it's almost July.  July, August, SEPTEMBER.  Yikes.  Maybe, just maybe I should start thinking about things.  I'll prepare the day before Labor Day but for now, I should start thinking about things.  :)  Talk about procrastination.

Looking at Jude's blog entry.  At 28 weeks last time, things were very different!  I just started my fall class on Mondays at Umsl, weed whacked for the first time, learned I passed Missouri's Counselor test, planted Mums in my window boxes, peed on myself for the first time, spoke of painting shutters, and mentioned that I could NOT identify with people who "experience heartburn" at this time during pregnancy.

WOW.  Hmm now that I read that, maybe it really is a GIRL.  I mean check this out...I have FINISHED all classes at Umsl, weed whack with my new cord-less device (and am quite the pro now), have putunias overflowing my window boxes, have NOT peed on myself (unless you count a tinkle with every sneeze, but I don't :), STILL speak of painting shutters, and HOLY MOLY can I now identify with people who "experience heartburn" at this time during pregnancy.  Yes, most of these are completely UNRELATED to pregnancy or gender but hey, I'm pregnant, let it slide this once.  So there ya go.  And...that was in August.  Crazy to see the similarities (cough shutters) and major differences (heartburn).  I guess I'd say my lack of energy is the same also. Oh and I'll admit, Uma is no longer my best friend like she was then...:(

Heartburn. Warning: I talk about PUKE!  This word is too ... hmmm... gentle? Easy going?  Meaningless.  I have renamed heartburn FIREVOMIT.  What does this mean?  A lot of people ask me.  Well, to put it simply, I could eat an entire things of Tums and still feel awful.  I don't, I limit it to the maximum intact per day, but nothing can prevent the way I feel after eating.  Can I pinpoint certain foods.  Sure, anything and everything you name it.  Popcorn, bread, chocolate, candy, pizza, anything I eat.  I am working a system now that seems to be okay but yikes.  If this keeps up, I will have to stop giving Jude a bath due to the bending over to clean him!  Ha. I call it "firevomit" because I literally throw up, what feels like "fire or a great burning sensation" in my mouth....Yep.  Disgusting right? This child, mark my word, place your bets, will come out COVERED in hair!!!  My doctor did say it is related.  I'll be interested to see if I can braid some black hair!

Here ya go: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/20/health/20really.html?_r=1  Article on HB.

I had heartburn with Jude, but not to this extent, it did not prevent me from actually eating foods, and did not show up at 25 weeks!  This kid has 12 weeks to grow hair.  YIKES. Maybe it will have tons, not lose it all and not look like an old, aging man?

                                                                          8 Weeks
                                                                        18 Weeks
                                                           28 Weeks (my face says it all)

1 comment:

  1. Beware! I had NO heartburn (I'm pretty sure its the ONLY symptom I didn't have) and Caroline had a FULL head of hair! Good luck to you and your firevomit!

    ReplyDelete