Monday, May 3, 2010

SECOND TRIMESTER!! 13 Weeks/14 Weeks







SECOND TRIMESTER! WE MADE IT! LET'S CELEBRATE! SECOND TRIMESTER!

Sooo, according to the books and everyone, I should be feeling better, have more energy and glow glow glow. . .right? Ugh. I hate to complain (ok, I enjoy it a little bit), but I still feel pretty awful at times, have no energy (bed time is 9:30pm still), but my pregnancy acne is getting better (just jinxed it)! And besides that, I can't suck in and have my stomach be flat. So here I am in this awkward middle stage. There is no cute, firm belly to look at, but rather I look like I ate one to many chocolate bars (maybe I did...). Becky compared this to being a middle schooler. You know, that awkward stage of life. Well I welcome this awkward stage of my pregnancy. Just hope it passes fast!

Lesson Learned. . .
I am carrying a picky fetus. Ever since early on, maybe 7 weeks, if I eat one bite too many or smell something that looks good to me but the fetus doesn't think he or she needs it-- result is disaster. I wake up in the morning, get my bowl of cereal, and can sometimes take a first bite and get this feeling that runs all throughout my body "don't eat this, you don't want to do it." It's awful. But do I listen to this? Of course not, I mean come on fetus, I know best. I'm your mother. I know I need breakfast for energy and to make you grow strong and big so trust me on this choice! But. . .the fetus battles. I will get down to my last bite, then look at it, and feel absolutely disgusted. My stomach grows inches in seconds, my body feels like it just consumed a pony or sometimes a small horse, and then, my entire day is changed. It's awful. This really leads me to think we're having a girl. I mean what boy would complain that I eat too much/often, that cereal isn't good, and want me to feel fat? Right, exactly... not a boy. Boys are sweet, love anything to do with food in general, and I'd imagine would prefer to have a good looking thin mom than fat. Ugh. The fetus wins, yet again.

Funny thing during 13 Week: IT's A BOY!
So I read this thing on-line that there is a gender predictor test at store nearby. So who goes out and buys it immediately? John and I. My thought was, "Oh John wouldn't it be awesome to poke fun at this gender test?" I mean really, how can morning pee mixed with sparkles tell you the gender of your baby? But that is what the box says! As early as ten weeks! So we did this to have fun. It'll be even more fun to see if this is accurate when the baby arrives. We are still NOT finding out via the sonogram at 20 weeks. And the box does not suggest you go out and buy according to what the result reads! So don't take this literally and go buy blue/pink clothes...just laugh and be excited to find out in 6 months! But green meant boy and yellow (unchanged pee) meant girl. It's a BOY! We think...or girl. It was actually sorta hard to read. This test had numerous precautions like read at eye level, put white paper down on it, etc. All of which we really didn't follow. haha. Well, then looking down at the test results, it was green, but then looking at eye level, you could still see then yellow....so hermaphrodite? Just kidding! I suppose we'll choose boy for now.

Well I just researched the results and apparently, if your result reads girl-it is more than likely more accurate than if the result reads boy. This is why: the test measures the amount of testosterone in your urine. If you get a boy result, it could be because you are having or a boy OR it could come back boy because some women have more testosterone in their systems that the test picks up. Therefore, the test is more so accurate if it reads girl than if it reads boy. If the test reads boy, it could truly be either. Hmm...odd. Well I guess we're back to it's a baby! Lol. We simply did this to have fun regardless. Not to truly find out. So back to my instincts the way it should be! :) Also, the picture of the results is a bit off...I didn't take the picture exactly eye level how it should have been. But I assure you, it was yellow and green. Ugh.

Well what else is new:
OH the best part (for you). . . 14 weeks (so I can tell people 15 muah ah ah). I can no longer suck in and keep a nice flat stomach. You know, everyone naturally sucks in so don't act like you don't! But man, it's really a strange feeling! Good feeling and I'm glad pregnancy is a slow progress or rather the belly rounding/popping out is slow. But my fetus is strange. I'll wake up in the morning and my fetus must be hiding/sleeping closer to my back...then come out to play by my belly button the second I feed him/her. Then it's like "Oh here I am, you can't suck in anymore haha." Granted don't get too excited, it's not like I actually "look pregnant". . . I look more so like I dunno I had a big lunch. John claims there is no bump. Ha.

25 weeks left!

Baby Update:
Fetus is now about the size of an orange! Four and a half inches long and weighs a bit over two ounces! Ears have migrated to the sides of her head and eyes are moving to the front of her face! She can now wiggle her fingers and toes and make breathing movements in preparation for life outside of me! I read that you can feel the baby from 14-22 weeks. Or on average that when you first feel it. More so around weeks 18ish. Can't wait for that.

Weights: 108 according to my scale. We go to doctor in 2 weeks, well find out real numbers then! I'm feeling as though I put on a pound or two...
Symptoms: I can't say I have any symptoms really. Same old you know. It's still day to day with what I feel and how I feel! Living with it. But I will say, just last week, I can get up and shower and do whatever without feeling awful because I didn't eat immediately! Woohoo.

Photos:
1. Let me see that BUMP!!
2. Close up. It's there! Growing. Ugh.
3. Love it.
4. Viola! This is what our capsule of pee and sparkles turned out to be. Looks more green in this picture.
5. Uma dog. Completely destroyed her Frisbee and now it's a necklace.
6. What our nursery will look like! Identical. Okay, maybe not identical, we don't have those awesome curves in our wall but pretty much like this. Debating whether to get white or wood crib...

Names:
Boy: Aloysius John Meyer
Girl: We have decided on a girl name! Finally (not that we don't have time). More so, I have persuaded John that this is the perfect name if we have a girl...Stella. Ends up there's some history behind it. It was my great grandmas name and my grandmas baby sisters name. There ya go!

And finally! Going maternity shopping tomorrow! Not for what you want to hear, pants, shirts, etc. Those fit great, but rather new bras! I love maternity shopping!!
Till next time!
Your Favorite Family of Four
J, K, Fetus and Uma

No comments:

Post a Comment