Wednesday, November 10, 2010

40 Weeks!!!

Well, go easy on me! I just had a baby! I know, I'm a slacker but hey, being a mom is difficult stuff! I can't believe today was my due date! I'm soo thankful to have him and NOT be pregnant! It's soooo wonderful. My mind is everywhere. Not sure what the best way to update the birth is but here goes!



I knew it all along! I never had any doubts it was a boy! Okay, I did. A few here and there but my mom instincts were right on! And what a sweet boy he is!


Name: Jude Bryan Meyer

Story behind name: No, we did not have this planned the entire time! On Tues. November 2, John and I were at Brett and Jess's visiting Fran. Brett and Jess=brother and sister in law Fran=doggie/baby. So we got to talking and I mentioned that I still liked the name Jude...Everyone agreed. We swore Brett and Jess to not say anything that we were considering the name. To this day, they still haven't:) So then we talked about it Tuesday night and Wednesday and then on Thursday made the drastic decision! We still like the name Aloysius (lou) and Stella...potential other children's names.

Birthday: November 4, 2010 at 9:27 pm
Weight: 6 pounds 8 ounces of pure perfection :)

Length: 19 inches short, I mean long


Love at first sight!




The birth story:
Hard to do this part, I suppose I'll try and make it as tasteful as I can! Ha. So John and I went for our 39 week appointment hoping to have some progress. Well did we. I explained what has been going on the last few days and immediately my doctor seemed worried. He did his check and said he thought my water had broke! WHAT? How did I not know this?! I am crazy!? Well my water breaking was NOT a gush like on TV...it was a slow, high leak. So now I know that's my water and not normal for the next baby. He flipped on the ultrasound machine and found my fluid level at a low 2. It was around 7 two weeks earlier. My first reaction was the flip out. I knew that I'd be induced and have a baby that day! John was thrilled knowing we'd have a baby. Ha. Talk about mixed feeling between us. So he said he could NOT release me to go home unless the level was at a 5. Off we went home first to grab bags and take one last photo of the pregnancy.



WOW, now that I look at that, I do not miss it. Lol. So we grabbed our bags and off we went. Registered and looked at our new room for the next two days. 2276. Big, spacious room. Nice room. I enjoyed it really. My nurse Peggy hooked up the IV and off I went. It was so odd to me. There is no holding back with having a baby. I was actually so surprised by how comfortable I was. I think I was more so nervous about having a baby and being on pitocin than anything. Got my one bag of fluid in me then was had the pitocin. I hate pitocin. But anyways, had a few visitors come in, chat while I could then BOOM. Nurse Peggy kept upping the pitocin. Ugh. Contractions were okay at first. I could totally handle that. Well I got bored of them and they did begin to get more painful so I had her check me. BIG MISTAKE. I think she said I was at 2 cm. How discouraging is that! After, I don't know, 30-40 minutes, I said "Screw it, I'm ready to enjoy this now." I gave John the code word then the next few hours were a blur to me. From what I recall, Brad, the hot anesthesiologist, came in, said his deal and was ready to start. I remember thinking "this is so stupid I'm not focusing on what he's telling me at all. How are you suppose to when you have to breathe and focus through contractions?" Ha. Regardless, he prepped and put it in. I flinched but it wasn't awful. Then we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. I cried, tried to breathe, cried some more, repeat. It was never ending. He kept asking if I could feel a tingly in my toes, "Nope." Warming in my legs, "Nope." Nothing. So he'd watch me suffer through more contractions...haha...then agreed that the epidural was not working :( An hour and a half later (I claim the longest time of my life) I waited until the epidural worked. He had to take out the first one and redo another one. The second one was great. I didn't flinch at all and had no idea when he was done. But then I finally felt relief. On the left side. The epidural mostly took to the left side which resulted in a dead, heavy left leg. It was crazy. Couldn't move it, it was worthless. HA, the right leg I could wiggle toes and move the leg itself. Soooo after a few contractions I could feel them on the right side. Ugh. So we dealt with it. I mainly laid on my right side because the epidural works with gravity. That relieved a lot of the pain but I could see feel each contraction slightly on the right. We waited not much longer it felt like...and then she checked me again, 8 cm...then about 20ish minutes after that...10cm. In fact, I think if I would have been checked earlier, I would have been 10 then. The head was already there! John could see the black hair! Then it was a mad rush to get things moving. They called my doctor who drove there just for us :) and got all ready. Oh right, the entire labor I felt very nauseated...well my nurse kept telling me "right before you deliver you'll throw up..." well, she was right. I threw up about 4 different times which pushed Jude nearly completely out! Although it was highly gross, it was only bile and thank goodness for my amazing sister and taking that from me! Thanks Stacie! Sorry! I felt like there should have been more nurses in there...regardless, after that I grabbed my nurses arm and told her "that felt amazing" ... she laughed and said okay time to have a baby. I pushed for about 2 minutes (if that) and out popped Jude's head! I got to pull him out and place him on my tummy! That was the coolest thing ever! Doctor claimed, "It's a boy!" I was balling my eyes out! Have no idea what John looked like, I was too fixated in our son! He later said he did not cry. Ha. He had (still has) a full head of black hair which I LOVE and is just soooo sweet! I only got to hold him for a minute and they took him to check him out. He checked out perfectly and was back in my arms! What a sweet baby! I can not believe he was 6 pounds 8 ounces! I was just expecting this 5 pound baby and so to me that was huge! But he's perfect! Here's some pictures!



Our poor families. We decided that we wanted to have just a bit of bonding time before we brought the family in. We nursed, and just sat there and stared at him a good 30ish minutes. I let John pick the name at this point. We STILL hadn't decided! I said, "Well what does he look like to you?" And John said, "I think the second name (which was Jude)." So that's how we decided! Jude Bryan. John and Jude have the same initials, which is cute. JBM. John was so anxious to invite the family in afterwards. It was cute and funny. He kept saying okay now, okay now! Lol. It was cute to see how excited he was :) So the family came in and never really left. They are still around today! But it's nice. We get dinners, baby holders, etc. Ha. I think Jude's enjoying it too. I couldn't be happier with his name. He really looks like a Jude now that he is ONE WEEK OLD! Two days later, we took our son home on Saturday. He enjoyed the car-ride :)

And here we are now. He is one week, had his first doctors appointment, has gained 7 ounces (born 6lbs 8oz, weighed 6lbs 3 oz when we brought him home, and is now 6lbs 10 oz), and gave mommy a break last night by giving me a 4 hour span between feedings!! Ahh, it was so nice. Of course, I still got up to check on him :) We are loving life and enjoying every minute of Jude. I dress him up daily sometimes multiple times a day and can not stare long enough at him. He's perfect. Everything I ever dreamed of (and more). Ha, John always asks that! Okay, well really, I could go on and on about how perfect and cute he is. But I'll saw you that essay and post some more pictures. I'm still debating what to do with my weekly updates. Obviously I will keep them up. I can't imagine now tracking his milestones! Okay pictures!


Jude and I hanging out. Not quite one day old yet :)

Sucking on that lip...doesn't do this anymore.

Getting ready to go home!

Daddys first diaper change! Two days old...I think I waited to long...

Taking our sweet baby home!!

See you baby bump! I will not miss you because I have the real thing now!!!

Well cheers! Off to feed, change, stare, repeat x3094. Ha
Your favorite family of four!
J, K, Uma, JUDE

Oh and Uma loves Jude. No worries! :)



Forgot this one! Jude 5 days old!

No comments:

Post a Comment