Monday, November 15, 2010

Our 2 Week Old Jude!

I can't believe my baby is 2 weeks old :( I'm so sad. He's going to get so big so fast. I'm still trying to figure this blog out. What to do? Weekly updates of Jude and family? Random updates of us? No updates of us? Ha. Forget the last one, I intend to keep this journal going until my fingers fall off! I mean it's not only highly entertaining, but umm educational and highly entertaining!

So our sweet baby boy is 2 weeks old! He makes me smile a hundred times a day. Whether its just staring at him, feeding him and listening to him leave me a present at the same time, listening to his soft hiccups (I don't miss feeling those), or hearing him burp! John may have some competition when he's older. He's just so perfect and cute for that matter.

Favorites of Week 2: He coos at me when I burp him and feed him. It's the sweetest thing! He loves me. My mom said the other day "Oh I just want to be with mommy all day long, I dream of mommy" I like to think this is true :) I also enjoy dressing him daily! Which really means a few times a day! We heard "Hey Jude" this week also. We all danced and sang. At first he didn't seem to like his song, but then changed his mind and coo-ed along.

Funnies of Week 2: Ha, was changing him one night and oops! He had to go! Poo ALL OVER the wall, changing pad, diaper cake, himself, etc. It was pretty funny. I mean, I knew this was coming but didn't expect it to be as bad as it was! Ewww it was stinky. Stinky cute :)

What have we learned in Week 2: I have learned that I am going to jinx myself right now....but a few times this week, Jude has slept for 4-5 hours consecutively! Of course, I go in and check on him because that is soooo long to me! It's perfect. I can totally do this and be productive during the day. It's truly amazing how you go from being pregnant and needing so much extra sleep to having a baby and being excited to get 4-5 hours at one time! Cause after that, I'll feed him, burp, change, then back to bed for 3-4 more hours! We are lucky...so far :) Keep up the good work my Jude!


Working the receding hairline already :)

Now he likes it!

Don't you want him!

John and I went 10 months without drinking! Yep! So John got antsy the other night so we broke out the year old beer and wine! Don't worry I only had 5-6 glasses...Ha, I had a SIP that was it. Don't worry! Not ready to drink yet but we wanted to take our first drinks together :)

Uma approves!

Sleepy baby boy.

Sleepy time with mommy! Never lasts as long as I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment