Sunday, June 20, 2010

Surprise Update

Happy Father's Day! Well, for fathers day we celebrated it with our fathers. Actually John went to the ball game with his dad, my dad, and my brother. I went poolside with the ladies, Stacie, Ellie, Claire, and my mom. Of course, I'd choose the pool over sweat outside watching baseball. However, I did manage to break a Powderly record today. See, last summer, my brother, Nate, and I decided it'd be entertaining to see how long we could tread water. Our record was 92 minutes or an hour and half. Not bad I do say. However, today was so hot and boring, that I challenged myself to break that record. I thought, I can easily do 93 minutes. Well I surpassed 92 minutes and went until 120 minutes. Or 2 hours of treading water. Rules: can not float, no swimming, ears above water, no food, no going underwater. This is a sport we take seriously. Unfortunately my brother Nate only did 45 minutes with me, Rob (brother in law) just did a mere 3. And with the help of Ellie (3 yr old niece) throwing ice cubes at me, I was successful. I mean I have to attribute some of this to the help of my fetus. I have the strength of both a full grown woman and unborn fetus. I can tell the fetus is exhausted but will also be up for the challenge of treading water when its older. It may even surpass my record...if I let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment