Tuesday, June 1, 2010

17 Weeks



I like to think I feel great now! Finally picking up the slack I've created in the last 16 weeks. (And that's a lot of slack, ya know). Ha. With the exception of today (Tuesday) I have been staying up past 9:30 pm, getting up early, eating whenever I am hungry (not first thing in the morning), and spending time going going going! We went to Chicago to see my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins over Memorial Day weekend. How fun! Driving wasn't the best but we toured the city with a 90 minute boat ride and then walked around for hours. It was awesome! I am so happy that fetus truly cooperated! Poor John got burnt on the boat. . . I wonder if our child will have his delicate, pasty white skin tone. . . or my beautiful brown? Just one of the many things I think about with the fetus. Saw a 2 week old baby today also, how adorable and small. Can't wait to see my own.

22 Weeks left! We're almost half way there! Well I suppose if you do it according to months, we are half way there! 4.5 months! But if you go by weeks, we're still down by 2.

We can technically find out the gender in 10 days!!! 10 days!!! How exciting. No, we're not, But cool to think we could. We'll have the ultrasound tech put the pieces of gender in an envelope. LOL. Currently, my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe. Pretty large. Strange also. Lately I can not get enough FRUIT! For breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, all day long. All kinds. I have grown to love cantaloupe (hated before baby). Interesting huh? My usual mixed fruit lunch consists of grapes, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, honeydew, cantaloupe, blueberries and anything else I can buy that John won't complain about. I don't like the cups, but rather I prefer the work of mixing them myself. Fresh fruit. May need to grab some now!

Baby Update:
Baby is hitting the height chart at five and a half inches long and weighs about five ounces (the weight of the boneless chicken breast I made for dinner last night). Yawns! Baby (and me) can now yawn! We may even be able to see it on the ultrasound next Friday. We will also be able to see twists, rolls, kicks, punches, etc. I think this will really make it real. I still don't really "look pregnant" so by seeing our baby move and it's face (we get to see it in 3d/4d) it'll all be more real to me and John most likely. Maybe I'll be more likely to feel movement once I see it is indeed moving!

Weight: The scales I use read the same really. 108ish in the morning (sometimes 110) and then 110 during the day. We go June 11th so I'll be interested to see what that scale says. But according to the "more official scale where you move the top," yea I had the school nurse weigh me, it read 109.5. Soooo the same?
Symptoms: Hmm, I seemed to write about these throughout the entry. You get it. Buy me fresh fruit and I'll be happy.

Photos:
1. City
2. Getting thicker can you tell? I most certainly can!

Names:
Boy: Little Al. Can't wait.
Girl: Stellaaaaa!

Random side notes: I can still fit into all my clothes with ease. Woohoo. But find just a few shirts tighter.

What am I having!?!
Clearly, this consumes my mind. I figure I might as well share my story behind it. Forever, I have dreamed (not literally) of having a girl. I'd love a shopping buddy, girl to do her hair (I'm fabulous at hair, really), and just someone like me. So the first few weeks, early on, I thought it was a girl. But then I realized, I have a 50/50 chance and may have a boy. Don't get me wrong I want one of each! But I have this fear that I'll be the mother of 4 boys and never have my little girl. But then I hang out with friends who have little boys and they are adorable!! So now, if you ask, I'll most likely say I think it's a boy. But that's just the thing, I only THINK it's a boy, I truly don't feel as though it's either...yet. Ugh LOL. It's going to be hard to not find out in 10 days! So no idea what I'm having, but think it's a boy.

Your Favorite Family of Four
J,K,Fetus, and UMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment