Monday, May 30, 2011

Veggie Garden Update

John and I, okay I won't lie, mainly John has worked his hiney off by moving dirt. Ha, "small dump truck of dirt will do it." Little did I know what we were in for :) Just a reminder, we had these bricks for about a year. We just could not decide what to do with them. There were so many options! So finally, John decided on a veggie garden! Okay, sure, that we can do! Then we spent 2 weeks deciding where to put it, how big to make it, what to grow, etc. Well, finally, FINALLY, we have done it! YAY! Oh don't worry, I took pictures with the different steps we did! :) You already saw Step One! Here's more.


Step One: laying the first layer. Most crucial part of the whole wall.

Looks great John!

Uma approves.

It's much straighter than this, don't worry. Just the angle I took this pic.

Step Two: Line with weed liner...or whatever you call you it :)

3 high. Trying to keep the bunnies out. I'm thinking that won't be enough but hopefully with Uma...


Uma really enjoyed all the time we spent with her outside...


But after a few days out there with us, she pooped out. And look where I found her (she is NOT allowed here obviously)...




Then comes Step Three. The TOP SOIL. YIKES! I have never seen that much soil in my life in one driveway. I will admit, there was a few minutes that I flipped out thinking "what are we going to do with all that soil!" But John did a great job. He put in in the garden, around the trees in the back, in the sod area, in the neighbors (behind us) yard, in the neighbors (down the street) yard, in the neighbors (right next to us) yard, and all around random trees. Haha. And it was so nice of our neighbors to just put a shovel and wheelbarrow and start helping!


TADA! (Out of order) but here it is!!!





A LOT OF WORK later, it's done!!! Pool update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment