Monday, April 5, 2010

9 Weeks


Officially 9 weeks today! This is huge I'm telling you! I don't think we have ever made it to 9 weeks! Meaning, since we got pushed back a week, etc. So I am not re-living 9 weeks but rather just living the first real 9 week! Wow. Well last weekend (Friday-Monday) I had the joy of showing John just what I would be doing as a stay-at-mom. Friday: cut grass at 9 am then meet Carol to get our toes done followed by lunch. (hmm I remind John I work full time now so I can get by doing this :) Ha. Then came back and helped John with the back. Lawn looks great! Time to do it again. Oh then, I made John a fabulous dinner of mushroom chicken, garlic roasted potatoes and mixed vegetables, all of which after I made I did not want to eat. So off we went to McDonald's to rent a red box and get fries. . . What a well balanced dinner! I swear I don't do this often! (I'll leave off the part about taco bell, then dierbergs for gummie bunnies...). Saturday, okay, I'm really ruining this for myself. I think Friday was really the only "stay-at-home mom" work day. Saturday didn't feel so hot so we watched Dexter together all day. Followed by Mandrian Garden! (Please hold!) I was a bit worried though about eating in the restaurant. See a week ago, John and I went to El Mag because I refused to cook but once we got our food, I had to leave. I don't know what it was. But I will tell you this, I will not have Mexican for the next 7 months, guaranteed. Poor John. Good news, he got to take his home and eat it and mine! lol. So we carried out Mandrian Garden because I refuse to dislike the best chinese food ever! It worked, seemed to taste pretty good. Phew. Well onward!

Baby Update:
My roommate is nearly an entire inch long! She's the size of a grape! The embryonic "tail" is completely gone...darn. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks, granted we have 7 months to wait. But overall, she's looking more like a human. Hmm Diane Sanford, a clinical psychologist encourages women to set aside time each day, 5-10 minutes, to think about their baby, blah blah blah. Well maybe I'm the exception, but I would say I think about my baby at least every 10 seconds. Maybe even every 7 seconds. Seriously, some only give their baby 5-10 minutes a day? Ugh. We are slightly obsessed with ours. Talk about it, think about it, etc. You know it, I have already thought of it! :)Oh fetus you are <3 Loved <3

31 weeks left. Wooohoooo.

Weight: Ugh put on 5.6 pounds since last Wednesday. Can you tell? JUST KIDDING! No gain. Sorry.
Symptoms: Well, as mentioned before, I am feeling the baby. Not literally, but man I feel awful! Inside of enjoying these beautiful days outside, running, walking the dog, picking every weed within a mile radius, I am sitting, curled up on the love couch daily and nightly. John and I have begun the Dexter series (again) and that is my life now. It's awful. I feel so guilty for not going to the gym or playing with Umadog, or moving much. If you know me, you know I like to be on the move. Rarely watch tv however by 9:30, I feel at my worst and head to bed. Constant headaches and have a sore throat now. And today (Tuesday) I did not eat every hour at work...I know what you're thinking! "What?! Seriously?! Can't be!" But I think this sore throat cold thing has hit me hard. I just have to figure out how to work and go to class afterwards without falling asleep! Ugh.
Craving: Nothing again. I know, no fun right!

Photos: Way too lazy to do this this week. But I promise you, I look the same as last week photos :) As does Uma and John. I did upload one from Jan. though for your entertainment ;0

Names of the week:
Boy: Aloysius (call him Lewis)
Girl: Helene Lorelei or Lorelei Helene...We'll probably have a tomboy who hates this name. Not set on this obviously, and currently, as typing, don't really like the Lorelei anymore ha, that's how I work.

More to come! Stay tuned next week! Or for a random surprise update :)

XOXO
J and K and Fetus and Uma.
Your Family of Four <3

Oh and also, thanks to Carol at work, she found this fabulous bedding set that John and I both love! Check it out and tell me what you think!

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/jungle-friends-nursery-bedding/?pkey=bunisex-nursery-bedding

Don't worry, it was under the "unisex bedding" section :)

No comments:

Post a Comment