Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dreams

Recent Dreams:

April 4
So I hear if you are pregnant you tend to have vivid, strange dreams during each trimester. Considering I'm only in the first, it wouldn't be surprising to have dreams of water or water symbols (according to babycenter). Well last night I had a vivid, strange dream! What's strange about my dreams is the amount of details I remember!
Regardless, here goes, I was finally in labor and I was about 36 weeks pregnant. My doctor did not seem alarmed at all. I went in and was not very far along. My doctor woke me up at 6 am after I slept great for a few hours to check me again. I was excited to find out if I had progressed but I started crying. He asked "What's wrong Kate?" I said "Nothing, I have just waited 9 months and I finally get to find out who is inside me!" After that, my doctor immediately wanted to put me on pitocin to speed things up. I refused and asked if I could walk around for about an hour to see if that didn't work before we did the pitocin and stuff. He OK-ed it. Well I found myself and John walking around a pool. We went to the locker room, saw the families, and were excited. By that time I was sitting in the stands with my family. The doctor came over and said "it's time Kate." Before I knew it, I had the IV in me (which was painless) and I was in a large swimming pool in the corner. Gross right yea. Well ten seconds later, I told my family, "don't worry, I'll be like my mom and sister and push this baby out in ten minutes." Ten minutes later, John and I had a baby boy that weighed 5.8 lbs and we named him Sawyer. I then swam over to my sister where she was in some type of aerobics class with her new baby. She had a baby girl and was dunking her! She told me to do the same with Sawyer. I did. And that was that. The end.

Interpretation:

If you know me, you know I have to figure out where I get these crazy things in my dream from!! Let's start with the beginning! 36 weeks in labor, my friend recently just had a baby at 38 weeks and I have been thinking that I would have no problem if my baby chose to come a bit earlier than later :) As fun as it is to not know what we are having, John and I think about it constantly. I am wondering what am I going to do with a ---------! But I think that also shows my excitement in that I truly can not wait for this day to come! (in reference to crying about waiting 9 months). Now, with the whole pitocin stuff, just recently I went to lunch with my work mom Carol and we were talking about labor, etc. I told her I'd like to stay at home as long as I can because it's more comfortable and I won't be hooked up to the Iv's and stuff. I think I secretly have a fear that the Iv will hurt also. The swimming pool. I love water, love summer, love swimming and have been joking to my mom that if we had a pool, I'd be there swimming! She does have a pool...I want to be there! Now, I have no clue about my sister in the aerobics class...I know my mom and I did that! Remember that mom? We were the youngest by 45 years! Lol. We made friends named Brenda, Sally, Eleanor, etc. Haha, good times. The whole dunking my baby thing makes sense to me. We went to the Easter Vigil mass last night where individuals were baptized. There ya go!! Now I wonder how much of this will actually occur?

No comments:

Post a Comment