Saturday, April 10, 2010

SURPRISE! Update!

Baby thought of the day:

As I was scrubbing the outside of the siding with soap and water, and John was power-washing after me, I asked him "How many weeks are we". . . He replied "9". Then a sigh of relief came over me and I realized "OMG we're already 9 weeks...that is soo far..." Pretty much immediately after I said this I realized how ridiculous I sounded. I suppose it's all so surreal to me. I have been waiting for a baby of my own (and husband of course) for as long as I can remember. I have always wanted to be a "mom" and just never really thought my time would come. Granted here we are today, scrubbing the outside of our house with a mop (not an ordinary mop, the fully extended kind), soapy water bucket, and hollering at each other about the water spraying everywhere. Lol. And then again, I can't help but think, "Our poor child. She'll be right there with us in the carseat laughing with us (or at us) as we power-wash our house with a mop next year..." Maybe tomorrow we won't look so strange to the neighbors as we lay bricks. Granted, we're simply strange to begin with so this may be inevitable...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment