Tuesday, July 6, 2010

22 Weeks! 5.5 months along! Nearing 6 months! Woohoo






Feel like I have "ground" under me now. 5 and a half months is impressive you know. Not like "oh just 3 months" but 5!!!! So I know what you want to ask me. And I'm here to answer all your questions! How do I sleep at night? Right, right, fairly good actually. Besides being a bit warmer than before, I sleep on my right side, back, left side, and stomach. YES! Stomach. It's like the baby goes up or moves to my butt when I'm on my stomach. It's great. I wonder how long this will last...? I'm guessing I will be comfortable and able to sleep on my stomach until 25weeks. Any guesses? Do I wear a bikini? Of course I do. I am rocking my small, getting smaller, two piece with style! What am I wearing? I am currently wearing the same clothes I have always had. Although, I think in the next month or so, I will have to venture out and go to "motherhood" or some funny name store like that. But until then, I have every intention of stretching out my shirts! Lol. I still just feel fat...I can't wait for that nice, round looking belly that everyone wants to touch and says "Ohh, how far along are you?" Counting down until those days.

The scale keeps getting higher and higher. I swear each week I gain a pound or two. Come to think of it, that is perfectly on track though. Hmm. So jumped on this morning and it read 113. But by the end of the day, it'll read 115.

John has finally felt the baby move! On July 3rd he finally sat still for a few minutes to feel the baby. Yes, John sat still. He only gives Al about 1 minute to move and if he doesn't, he moves on. Ha. Movement. So I think right at around 20 weeks the little critter has picked up speed! I generally get up by 8 am and then he gets up with me. By 9:30 he's moving everywhere, noticeably. Then it trails off after 30 minutes or so. I feel him randomly throughout the day often but at 9:30 AM and PM you can see him move from the outside and if you put your hand on my stomach, there would be great odds you'd feel him move a couple of times. Very awesome. I'll admit it, I may stare at my stomach for an extended amount of time waiting for him to move :) It's just the coolest thing! Love fetus so much!

17 weeks left! Omg, I love posting that weekly because it just gets closer and closer. (Phew, deal with me now, highly emotional) I just love these updates, seeing my belly come along, sharing the doctors appointments and pictures, and talking about this pregnancy. It's my new found passion! I could talk about myself and the pregnancy for hours (you know what I mean). I often do with my buddy Becky :) Good thing she loves me and fetus! But only 17 weeks left! Potentially 15! My sister was pretty much right on track with her two kiddos so I'm assuming I'll have the whole 40 weeks to look forward to. None of this 38 weeks stuff that every pregnant person dreams of. Oh well, right now, Al (or Stella) is just fine and I'll deal with anything they throw at me.

Baby Update: Our baby is now doll-sized! What? LOL. Wasn't it always doll sized. Oh what to expect is loony. Baby's saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Oh good, beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds, as will I. By the end of the month he'll double the weight he is now (thank goodness I won't). He is just a bit over a pound so by the end of July he'll be 2 pounds! As for me this week, I may suddenly be sporting a dark line down the middle of my tummy called linea nigra. EWWW GROSS WHAT! Just kidding, it happens. But thank goodness I have a nice golden tan to hide that line as long as possible :)

Photos: (a bit different this week :)
1. She tried so hard to sleep in this little lounger. Just a bit too big.
2. Uma prefers to swim with just herself...she doesn't need this added crap but put it on for the picture.
3. New angle! Bump from the flat, laying downness.
4. Side view-in bikini obviously. After this picture I did a perfect dive. Okay kidding. I walked to the shallow end to take the next picture.
5. Kid's whale flotation device still fits over baby bump. Phew.

ENJOY! Your favorite Family of Four
J, K, Fetus, and Uma

No comments:

Post a Comment