Saturday, July 17, 2010

~Maternity Shopping Purchases and Experiences~

July 16, 2010. As previously mentioned in my blog, I have decided to venture out into the world of "fat pants" shopping as I call it. What an experience! I met my confident Becky at South County Mall where we first could not find the store, and then felt highly overwhelmed with the clothes there! We walked in the store to be greeted by a lady who asked which one of us was pregnant. To me, this is CLEARLY obvious! Not only because of my pouch protruding now out of my shirt, but also because of my shirt labeled "Pregnant, not Fat". Okay, only kidding, I do not own that shirt. . . yet. And Becky and I are short and may have been hiding behind a rack to avoid conversations. But man, does Becky look great! She's one of those little stick people with NO stomach or anything! NO clue what this lady was thinking! But she directed us to the belly bands, dresses, fat shirts, tank-tops, etc. WOW what a selection really! Becky is the most adorable person ever! Everything she wanted me to buy but I secretly think she'd wear all of them herself!!!! She convinced me to try on a dress, that I am currently wearing (more later on that,) and it is cute. She's going to borrow it NON-pregnant which made me feel better! But I just could not do it. I don't feel fat, I mean pregnant enough, to go crazy and buy pants, shirts, etc. It was all just too much for me! I had no clue I'd be so reserved at buying these clothes. I suppose I figured I will just use the belly-band thing and then wear this dress for the entirety of the pregnancy! HA. Every intention of stretching out my normal shirts as mentioned previously. BUT I will say, this dress is highly adorable and comfortable...but it makes me look pregnant! More so than I am! I look at least 7 months! Not 6! Ugh. John had a valid point though, "Maternity dresses won't make you look thin...you're pregnant." I guess he's right. Ha. So here I am today (Saturday). If I have a "nicer-outing" to attend, this is what I'll be wearing! Maybe it's my butt that makes me look 7 months and not 6...

No comments:

Post a Comment