Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chicago!

Sometimes I have to travel for work. It's rough, but we manage. It was not so bad weather. We got lucky and had a really nice day on Wednesday where it was about 57. We had an early flight at 10:50, got in, jumped on the train, and were off. Jude, of course, wanted to hug everyone. He doesn't care if your homeless, toothless, or a non-English speak resident. John went off to work after a quick lunch. I actually got Jude to nap that day. Call me an awful mother but I also managed to put the tiny pack n play the hotel provided into the closet. Had to close one door but kept the other open. He hated it. It was so much smaller, less comfortable, and yea, I don't blame him. Once John got back we walked to a Mexican restaurant for dinner where Jude looked out the window the entire time making car sounds. Hate to do this, but started ordering him kids meals. I mean, he ate HALF of the entire thing. Nuts. It was such a challenge to get him to sleep nightly. That was the only downfall. So we just went to bed when he did ... at 9 pm. Ha. The second day we met my Aunt and cousin and went to The Shedd. Eh, I was not overly impressed. In fact, when we went to the polar kids place, the worker must have thought I was so stupid. I kept asking if the dolphin could do any tricks. Well, "they are naturally trained in their environment, and it's a Beluga Whale." WHOOPS. Oh well. Unimpressed. Then we drove off to Navy Pier for lunch. It was nice to see them and help them with the bus transportation :) Ha. We went to Lou Manitis for pizza that night. Brrr, long, cold walk we decided to jump on the red line to get back. Always interesting with having a child. Third day was the best. Jude and I walked all around the city, did a little bit of shopping, and found the Bean by accident. No one was there it was awesome! We also went to the pool in the hotel, not bad. Then we met up with John for dinner at Buca di Bepos. Fourth day is today. I managed to strap Jude in his stroller, place him in front of the tv, and "walk" him to sleep all inside the hotel room. He needs all the sleep with our late flight. Here's our fun! (out of order I know).

Cheerios on a straw mixer stick for breakfast. Mom, you're a genius!
Ready, set, TAKE OFF!
This whale dolphin does NOT do tricks. However, it can flip, turn, swim upside down in it's natural state. Ha.
Great view, for Jude.
POOL.
Why not just play in the suitcase?
Jude's in heaven.
Quick nap right here looks nice.
And another one here.
Breakfast in bed? Sure.
Cute little mini Jellies.
Yep, that's your belly button.
This is how we roll in Chicago at night.



OMG Mom how illegal is this?

60 degrees this day, but very windy. I love how he falls asleep listening to trains, buses, people, sirens, walking over crazy large bumps on the road, but yet if I drop a pen at my house he pops up.
Sleeping in the hotel room.

Whale booty!

Well can't wait to be back in our own beds. No place like home but had a great time. Have the 12 week appointment tomorrow. Now, if I report any weight gain, I claim it to be from eating out, every meal, for a week :0 Just saying. If I do not report any weight gain, I will be eating out for the remainder of my life :0 Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment